From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No sound. Please, help!
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 23:17:55
1 gevisz wrote:
2 >
3 > Correction:
4 > I am sorry to confess that I FORGOT that I should use M to unmute
5 > a channel in alsamixer (as I did about 14 years ago) and thought
6 > that arrows up and down do all the work. :(
9 Well, when I did my first install, I had no idea.  I had to google it or
10 something to get it to unmute.  Once I found it, it was like, duh.  :-D
11
12 On the modules or in kernel, I compile all mine in the kernel.  The only
13 modules I have is my nvidia video drivers. There's pro's and con's to
14 each so whatever works and you like.
15
16 Glad it's working now.  I need a shower.  I been cutting down trees and
17 dragging them to a pile to rot or burn.  I'm tired, I stink which
18 requires a shower and I'm hungry.  Cutting and getting rid of a 24 inch
19 across tree isn't easy when you have a 20 inch bar on the chainsaw.  :/
20
21 Dale
22