From: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: NVI and word wrap?
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:18:58
1 James wrote:
2 > I appreciate your sharing this tidbit. I looked at:
3 >
4 > http://www.bostic.com/vi/
5 >
6 > and saw what they said are advantages. What do you believe are the
7 > advantages of Nvi?
8 >
9 > just curious,
10 >
11 BTW .. I used the following which fixed the wordwrap to 78 in an 80
12 column field.
13
14 TIN_VI_OPTIONS="set wm=2 co=80"
15 alias tin='EDITOR="/usr/bin/vi" EXINIT="${TIN_VI_OPTIONS}" /usr/bin/tin'
18 The advantage that I see is that NVI acts just like VI, which is what I have learned. I don't like trying to learn things differently if I don't need to. NVI is just like what I am used to on FreeBSD and others.
19
20 Also, it is BSD licensed, which I like.
23 Tom Veldhouse
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list