From: Emmanuel Vasilakis <mrzammler@××.st>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Slow UI for firefox 68
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 09:18:35
1 On 17/9/19 6:16 ì.ì., Emmanuel Vasilakis wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > Just finished compiling www-client/firefox 68.1.0 and I'm seeing a very
5 > big lag mainly in UI operations. I.e., clicking on the menu button (or
6 > any other button on the UI) takes 5-6 seconds for the menu to appear,
7 > during which firefox goes up to using 100% of my CPU.
8 >
9 > Even typing something in the URI bar has a lag of 1 sec between key
10 > presses and text appearing.
11 >
12 > I've compiled firefox using these use flags:
13 >
14 > clang custom-cflags custom-optimization dbus gmp-autoupdate hwaccel lto
15 > pgo screenshot startup-notification system-av1 system-harfbuzz
16 > system-icu system-jpeg system-libevent system-libvpx system-sqlite
17 > system-webp
18 >
19 > (Didn't really change anything from previous firefox versions I compiled).
20 >
21 > firefox-bin (69.0) behaves ok.
22 >
23 > firefox using --safe-mode is also ok.
24 >
25 > I did use refresh firefox which wiped clean firefox and removed all
26 > extensions, but I'm getting the same laggy behaviour.
27 >
28 > Anyone else having similar experience? Previous firefox versions where
29 > all okay.
30 >
31 > Thanks,
32 > Emmanuel
35 Ok, so by disabling hwaccell and all system-* flags, I got a build that
36 works.
37
38 Now to see which one causes the problem...
39
40 Thanks!
41 Emmanuel