From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Non Standard X Resolution
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 04:33:37
1 On Thursday, May 4 2006 13:16, Jamie wrote:
2 > In the next few days I will be getting my brand new Dell 2007WFP LCD
3 > delivered and obviously I want to use it on my Gentoo box.
4 > This screen uses a non-standard resolution of 1680x1050@60Hz and I have no
5 > idea how to get this setting in my XOrg setup. Can anyone point me in the
6 > right direction?
7 >
8 > Thanks
9 >
10 > Jamie
11
12 How exactly is this non standard? It is a perfectly valid resolution, my
13 laptop screen has the same resolution.
14
15 You will most probably only have too add a "1680x1050" mode to the Screen
16 section of your xorg.conf and possibly fiddle with the hsync and vrefresh
17 settings if you have them set.
18
19 It should just work, assuming your video card is capable of outputting that
20 resolution, most are afaik.
23 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list