From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] elogind problem
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 02:52:18
1 Hi,
2
3     I have just replaced console-kit with elogind and while its fixed my
4 X server problems, its brought some downsides as well.  Primarily, I
5 used to use acpi to hibernate but elogind has coopted the power button
6 so acpid doesnt get the signal, and added a suspend to lid closure but
7 then I cant run scripts to recover the touch screen etc.
8 (MSsurfacePro4).  I could deal with that except the docs for
9 systemd-logind (the elogind docs refer there) say they have removed the
10 possibility run arbitrary scripts from logind (and so I assume also
11 elogind).
12
13 So how can I recover the hardware to a working state using elogind?
14 Worst case would seem to be disable elogind hibernate/suspend in its
15 config file and handle it old school but is there a better way using
16 elogind?
17
18 Bill K.