From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] iptables error
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 17:29:30
1 On 11/8/06, Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've done a kernel upgrade, from 2.6.16 to 17-r8 and my iptables stop
5 > working.
6 >
7 > I get this error:
8 >
9 > # iptables-restore < /etc/iptables.noviembre
10 > getsockopt failed strangely: No such file or directory
11
12 I'd suggest you make a copy of this file and try to identify which
13 rule from this file is causing the error. It is a plain text file, so
14 you can comment out (with '#' characters) various rules (lines that
15 start with '[') to figure out which rule is causing the error.
16
17 BTW, many of the filter options changed in recent kernels. You should
18 double check your kernel configuration and make sure you have at least
19
20 CONFIG_NETFILTER=y
21 CONFIG_NETFILTER_XTABLES=m
22
23 You'll also need at least some CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_* options under
24
25 Networking->
26 Networking options ->
27 Network packet filtering ->