From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: To all IPv6-slackers among the Gentoo community
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 16:00:55
1 On 2019-11-27, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Grant Edwards wrote:
3
4 >> The TP-Link Archer C7 runs openwrt flawlessly:
5 >>
6 >> https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tp-link-archer-ac1750-dual-band-wi-fi-5-router-black/5889900.p?skuId=5889900
7 >>
8 >> A couple months ago when I was shopping, there was also a newer A7
9 >> version. That still requires a bleeding edge version of OpenWRT.
10 >> So I opted for the older hardware just to be safe.
11
12 > I was planning to stick with Linksys but I'm liking the one you
13 > linked too. By the way, TP-Link has a store on ebay and it's cheaper
14 > there.  Anyway, it supports IPv6 according to the manual
15
16 IPv6 support is purely a function of the firmware. OpenWRT supports
17 IPv6 and will do so even if the OEM firmware does not.
18
19 > and it has LEDs on the front it seems. Am I seeing LEDs or am I
20 > seeing something else? Also, does it have some holes on the bottom
21 > that allows wall mounting? I'm trying to find a picture of the
22 > bottom but so far, no luck. I've found pics of everything else tho.
23
24 Yes, there are LEDs on the front and wall-mount screw holes on the bottom:
25
26 https://photos.app.goo.gl/V3KL8ZTDPHBUWB726
27
28 The C7 and A7 versions are slightly different, so pay attention to
29 that. The C7 is the older, more expensive version that's supported by
30 the released, stable version of OpenWRT. The A7 is newer and requires
31 the latest "snapshot" version of OpenWRT.
32
33 I can't vouch for the OEM firmware, since I immediately installed
34 OpenWRT on mine.
37 Grant