From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Migration to baselayout2 / openrc
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:14:10
1 Eray Aslan wrote:
2 > On 10.10.2009 13:01, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 >> On gentoo web I found this: 2.
5 >> Migration to OpenRC
6 >> Migration to OpenRC is fairly straightforward; it will be pulled in
7 >> as part of your regular upgrade process by your package manager.
10 > PPP startup scripts still do not work with openrc. Just a heads up in
11 > case you use them.
15 OK. This has me wondering something. I have DSL but I have dial-up for
16 my back-up. Does either of these use ppp? I think my modem uses pppoe
17 but I think that is between the modem and AT&T but nothing to do with
18 the connection between the puter and the modem. I do know the dial-up
19 modem uses ppp tho. That I am sure of.
20
21 Would this affect me at least on the dial-up? DSL would be OK right?
22
23 Dale
24