From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sharing portage directories when dual booting x86 and amd64
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 17:00:32
1 At Fri, 25 May 2007 11:32:48 +0200 Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2
3 > On Thursday 24 May 2007 23:42:11 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >> In particular can I share
5 >>
6 >>  * tmp (PORTAGE_TMPDIR)
7 >
8 > If you ever compile the same package at the same time that may not be such a
9 > good idea. Even if it works it may be confusing. Why not just make two
10 > subdirs in the same place and use one as PORTAGE_TMPDIR for each system..?
11
12 How can that happen? As I mentioned, I would be dual booting into
13 *either* x86 or amd64. There is only one computer (my laptop)
14 involved; all filesystems are local.
15
16 Perhaps your suggestion of separate subdirs is better for clarity, but
17 I don't see how the problem you mentioned can occur in my situation.
18
19 thanks,
20 allan
21 --