From: Vikas Kumar <Vikas.Kumar@×××××××××.in>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resolv.conf question
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:51:28
1 On 10:51 Fri 27 Oct , Matthew R. Lee wrote:
2 > Every time I boot my resolv.conf reverts to the original file with no name
3 > servers in it. Because I use my laptop in various places I have a series of
4 > resolv.conf files (resolv.conf.xx1, resolv.conf.xx2, etc) When I use a
5 > different network I just cp /etc/resolv.conf.xx1 /etc/resolv.conf Now I'm
6 > having to do this every morning after boot even though I'm on the same
7 > network. Why does it keep reverting to this old file? How do I stop it?
8 > I've looked in the directory /etc/ but I cant see any file like
9 > resolv.conf.old or resolv.conf.tmp Where is it getting this empty file from?
10
11 i had the similar problem. actually every time the system is booted
12 'dhcp' overwrites dnsinfo in /etc/resolv.conf.
13
14 i added,
15
16 dns_servers_eth0=( "144.16.192.55" "10.128.2.2" )
17
18 to my /etc/conf.d/net, where the ips are dns for my network, and it
19 worked for me. now everytime i reboot resolv.conf is written with these
20 values.
23 The disks are getting full; purge a file today.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list