From: Momesso Andrea <momesso.andrea@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resizing physical volume for lvm.
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 20:49:21
1 On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:39:29 +0100
2 Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Am Sonntag, 22. März 2009 21:15:14 schrieb Momesso Andrea:
5 > > P.S. I'm not using vgextend to simply add sda4 to the lvm because I
6 > > might want to migrate my root (sda1) to ext4
7 >
8 > Why do want to do that? ext4 is just a couple of months old and
9 > there's no proof of stability whatsoever for it. Better try it with
10 > uncritical data partitions (portage tree, distfiles) first.
11 >
12 > Bye...
13 >
14 > Dirk
15
16 Don't want to do that right now, but I like to have things set up to
17 create me less problems as possible when I will decide to do the
18 migration.
19
20 In any case I don't consider the root partition of my laptop to be
21 really critical. I'm not planning any migration in /home, that will
22 remain ext3.
23
24 ---
25 TopperH