From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hardening a laptop for travel
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:16:24
1 On Saturday 08 December 2007, Andrey Falko wrote:
2 > On Dec 8, 2007 8:35 AM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I have shorewall set up on my router but I haven't set up anything
4 > > security-wise for my laptop which normally sits behind the router.
5 > > What should I be setting up on the laptop in preparation for traveling
6 > > and connecting via a foreign network or even directly to the Internet?
7 > > I don't run sshd on the laptop. I would think shorewall, but am I
8 > > forgetting anything?
9 >
10 > At the very least I'd do the following with iptables:
11 >
12 > iptables -P INPUT DROP
13 > iptables -A INPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
14 > iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
15
16 This line is only needed if you want to forward packets to another
17 iface/device (i.e. when your laptop is acting as a router and the input
18 interface is eth0).
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick