From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reinstalling older Packages
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 18:16:55
1 On 6/20/2011 3:33 AM, Albert Hopkins wrote:
4 > On Monday, June 20 at 10:03 (+0100), Neil Bothwick said:
5 >
6 >> There is no such option, but you can get expired ebuilds from
7 >> http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/cat-egory/package
8 >
9 > Sigh. 2011 and *still* using CVS?!
10
11 Infrastructure has a project to move to Git, but I've not tracked
12 progress. I will say that moving a whole project with hundreds of
13 developers, build scripts, push scripts, pull scripts, web site links, a
14 decade of commits, etc is not simple.
15
16 This is one of the better articles on the real world issues of changing
17 your VCS.
18 http://lwn.net/Articles/409635/
19
20 kashani