From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo vs Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 3?
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:53:49
1 On 06/26/17 04:41, Danny YUE wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > I am planning to buy a Raspberry Pi 3 to setup a local network storage
5 > and try some IoT stuff. Now I am searching for some background things.
6 >
7 > Which OS do you install on your Raspberry Pi?
8 >
9 > Gentoo? Raspbian? Or even...arch?
10 >
11 > This might seems to be the wrong place to ask, but I consider Gentoo as
12 > my first-place option, so I would like to know your experiences.
13 >
14 > Thanks.
15 >
16 > Danny
20 I'm assuming you've seen these pages?
23 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
24
25 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi#Stage_4
26
27 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi/Quick_Install_Guide
30 Why not run a Rpi-3 cluster? (lots of folks experimenting and posting):
31
32 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Corosync
33
34 https://wiki.osuosl.org/ganeti/cluster_gentoo.html
35
36 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1058886.html
37
38 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1058886.html
42 Note 'distcc' purports to run on arm::
43
44 https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-devel/distcc
45
46 hth,