From: "Marko Kocić" <marko.kocic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Net / dhcp (miss)behaviour
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 17:10:28
1 I'm running gentoo on my dual boot windows laptop.
2
3 I use dhcp to connect to the the internet through cable modem.
4 Sometimes (in the evenings) it just fails to automatically obtain IP
5 address from dhcp server (timeouts).
6 I tried different settings in /etc/conf.d/net file (timeout and
7 different dhcpc options) and switching between dhclient and dhcpd, but
8 with no luck.
9
10 When I reboot to windows it just works. I contacted my ISP, but they
11 said they don't give support for Linux.
12
13 Is there a way to configure dhcp/dhclient to behave exactly like DHCP
14 in Windows XP?
15
16 Regards,
17 Marko