From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT Best way to compress files with digits
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 17:15:43
1 <meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
4 > I have a lot of files with digits of PI. The digits
5 > are the characters of 0-9. Currently they are ZIPped,
6 > which I think is not the best way to do that.
7
8 Hello Meino,
9
10 It's a bit of effort, but the world's recognized authority
11 on algorithms is Don Knuth. [1] He's old now, but his
12 pioneering attempt at categorizing most algorithms:
13 "The art of computer programming" and his MMIX alogrithm
14 implementations (kinda like assembler) are certainly
15 part of many first-step research efforts on algorithms
16 and their implementations.
17
18 It's not a cookbook; more of a scholarly (high_brow) reference,
19 just to supplement all the good postings by your peers on gentoo user.
20
21 Alan may loan you his copy?
22 (ha ha ha)?
26 hth,