From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: I finally ditched acroread
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 22:14:53
1 On Sunday 23 Oct 2016 21:53:56 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2016-10-23, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 23 Oct 2016 00:32:02 Grant Edwards wrote:
4 > >> For the past several years, I've had to keep acroread installed on one
5 > >> of my desktop machines because I occasionally need to use the "print
6 > >> current view" feature to print a portion of a page of a PDF document
7 > >> (usually a section of a sechematic or a table out of a data sheet).
8 >
9 > [...]
10 >
11 > > I haven't used acroread or Qoppa's PDFStudio, but qpdfview and okular will
12 > > copy and save selections as images, which you can save and print
13 > > thereafter.
14 > Does it save them in a vector format so that they scale and print
15 > properly, or does it rasterize them?
16
17 Ahh! These apps offer Save As png/jpeg formats only.
20 Regards,
21 Mick