From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Local portage repository
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 11:55:01
1 On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:14:20 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > There are certain developers who want this behaviour changed (or
4 > better yet, -bin packages removed) :)
5
6 I hope these developers will first ensure that the source variants of
7 these packages compile and run cleanly on all platforms. OOo doesn't
8 compile on amd64.
9
10 I agree with you about /opt, it seems pointless, and means you need an
11 extra partition if you want a minimal root partition. If binaries need a
12 separate location, what's wrong with /usr/opt?I think you may get
13 objections trying to get /usr/crap implemented :)
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 The thrill of victory, the agony of delete.