From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Playsound . . . won't!
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 22:49:34
1 On Sunday 16 September 2007, Mick wrote:
2 > I am using playsound in KDE to play system sounds, but it has stopped
3 > working:
4 >
5 > $ /usr/bin/playsound chimes.wav
6 > /usr/bin/playsound: error while loading shared libraries:
7 > libFLAC.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
8 > directory
9 >
10 > I ran revdep-rebuild -X, but the problem persists. Any ideas?
11
12 I'll walk you through this the long way round:
13
14 This is the clue: "libFLAC.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such
15 file"
16
17 I also have no such file as libFLAC.so.7, but locate libFLAC.so found
18 libFLAC.so.8, and 'equery belongs' tells me it belongs to
19 media-libs/flac. 'genlop -t' declares this package was upgraded on my
20 box from 1.1.2-r8 to 1.1.4 on 17 July.
21
22 So obviously playsound was built against the old version, and
23 revdep-rebuild can't find the old one so doesn't know what to do about
24 it. And wisely does nothing about it...
25
26 emerge flac
27 revdep-rebuild -X
28
29 will see you right.
30 --
31 Optimists say the glass is half full,
32 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
33 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
34
35 Alan McKinnon
36 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
37 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list