From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Baffled by Perl dependancies
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 00:05:16
1 On 12/04/2009 12:31 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > ...
4 > Things seemed to be OK after manually updating perl-IO-Compress
5 > and removing perl-IO-Compress-Zlib:
6 >
7 > emerge perl-IO-Compress
8 > emerge -C perl-IO-Compress-Zlib
9 >
10 > Maybe someday I'll understand Portage, but I doubt it -- it's
11 > been 5 years.
12
13 I've noticed that the 'virtual' packages are shifting sands, they disappear
14 from under your feet :o)
15
16 Looking in /usr/portage/virtual/ I don't see any perl-IO-Compress-Zlib, so
17 I'm assuming it was removed from portage. I have perl-IO-Compress-Bzip2
18 installed, which also doesn't exist any longer.