From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [perhaps OT] ssh from Gentoo into a RedHat server
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 10:15:05
1 On Thursday 31 May 2007 20:05, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, 31 May 2007 19:28:09 +0100 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > > Aha! We're getting somewhere. There's no /home/mic specified in
6 > > /etc/passwd but /:
7 > >
8 > > mick:x:502:10::/:/bin/bash
9 > >
10 > > What do you make of this?!
11 >
12 > LART your admin :-) and be sure he/she corrects that to read the "real"
13 > homedir instead... (well, you could just use / as your home, but I
14 > guess your admin didn't give you rights to write stuff there...) All
15 > the details in "man 5 passwd".
16
17 LART him indeed (although I found out that it was the server owner and friend
18 of mine that changed all these settings using webmin. Aaarghh!)
19
20 I am grateful for your help. After I changed the user home directory it's all
21 working nicely. :)
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick