From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] sound (?) but no sound
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:26:11
1 Hello,
2
3 I've managed to emerge the gentoo base, X and KDE and all are running fine. My
4 last problem is sound. After several attemps (with the kernel ALSA module and
5 ALSA-driver), I've got my SB Live correctly loaded with ALSA Driver - at
6 least there is no error message. I didn't load any module explicitely. The
7 system loads emu10K1-gp
8
9 However, I have no sound. The KDE control center does show options for midi on
10 the SB Live 5.1, I've unmuted everything I could in alsamixer, kmix shows
11 there is a sound device there.
12
13 But kinfocenter says there is no information about the sound device, and when
14 I start Amarok, it says there is "no suitable demux plugin".
15
16 Everything has been compiled with the arts and oggvorbis flags, and I did an
17 emerge -e word to ensure everything had been compiled with the actual flags.
18
19 What am I missing?
20
21 Thierry