From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde4: no hardware info without sys-apps/hal
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 19:02:52
1 On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Andrey Moshbear <andrey.vul@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Now that hal is out of he portage tree and uninstalled, I've noticed
3 > that the following occur:
4 > 1) no battery info (and other ACPI doesn't fare well too)
5 > 2) Suspend key is broken; must use $sudo pm-suspend instead
6 > 3) USB hotplug is broken; device notifier is oblivious to
7 > inserted/removed USB devices
8 >
9 > Solutions?
10
11 Not sure about the root causes or potential solutions but both #1 & #3
12 do work here.
13
14 I do have CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y in my kernel. Not sure what it's doing
15 anymore but it's there.
16
17 I do have most of ACPI either on or modular.
18
19 udev is started as part of sysinit.
20
21 Not at all sure whatever might be involved.
22
23 HTH,
24 Mark