From: Fernando Canizo <conan@××××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recompiling vim linked to libncursesw
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:17:13
1 El Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 07:08:27AM +0200, Richard Fish me decía:
2 > Fernando Canizo wrote:
3 > >I'm having trouble with my encoding using mutt + vim + utf-8,
4 > > [snip]
5 > Hmm, tough one. I don't see any way to configure vim specifically for
6 > ncursesw. Your best bet may be to try and fake out the dynamic linker
7 > and tell it to use libncursesw instead of libncurses for vim.
8 >
9 > ln -s /lib/libncursesw.so.5 /etc/vim/libncurses.so.5
10 > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/etc/vim ldd /usr/bin/vim
11 > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/etc/vim vim
12 >
13 > If vim seems sane, then exporting LD_LIBRARY_PATH before starting mutt
14 > should resolve the problem (assuming that the problem really is in the
15 > type of ncurses...)
16
17 Thanks Richard, but didn't work. And now i'm not so sure that this
18 could ve the problem, after all i can create some file without problem
19 in vim, put some accents and view ok after, and file says it's utf-8.
20
21 I'll gonna rephrase my problem giving more info.
24 Fernando Canizo - LUGMen: www.lugmen.org.ar - A8N: a8n.lugmen.org.ar
25 Maybe I should just cut my losses, give up on Lisa, and make a fresh
26 start with Maggie.
27
28 -- Homer Simpson
29 Lisa's Pony