From: Bertram Scharpf <lists@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Brother Printer
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 06:23:25
1 On Saturday, 10. Dec 2016, 23:17:55 +0100, siefke_listen@×××.de wrote:
2 > On Fri, 09 Dec 2016 16:49:48 +0100
3 > Nils Freydank <nils.freydank@××××××.de> wrote:
4 >
5 > > would need to migrate to an multilib profile - and I don’t know how awful this
6 > > would become.
7 >
8 > I try and this make me more pain. I stopped. GCC, GLIBC and sandbox not
9 > want compile. Something with blabla.32.h is missing. I find nothing in
10 > documentation how can switch or im blind. (i wear classes :)
11 >
12 > The question is, give printer (Scanner, FAX and Printer Combination) which work
13 > under native x86_64 or all will not work? I try tomorrow with HP from my dad,
14 > when will work I think I buy new device. After 7 Years this will be ok.
15
16 It hurts me to hear that you wasted so much precious time.
17
18 Let me propose you to do:
19
20 - Download some Debian, Ububunt, Mint, Grml or whatever
21 USB stick in case you missed that until now,
22
23 - Boot it, install a standard driver, print out
24 "exampke/niklolaus.ps" from my project
25 <https://github.com/BertramScharpf/ruby-pjl> and
26 validate it,
27
28 - Print it out another time but redirect /dev/ulpt0 or
29 whats name is is ever to a file,
30
31 - send this file to me.
32
33 I'll try to write a filter, and I'm deeply interested in
34 finding out whether my PJL project will manage that.
35
36 Bertram
40 Bertram Scharpf
41 Stuttgart, Deutschland/Germany