From: Pawel K <pawlaczus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] echo after playing the sound
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 14:10:27
1 Hello
2
3 When I play a sound I can hear the short unexpected sound at the end.
4 This unexpected sound lasts no more than a second and gives the effect of echo.
5 It looks like a part of the original file is repeated at the end.
6 This unexpected sound is not contained in a file.
7 I observe it when playing mp3 file using both mplayer and mpg123.
8 It happens on both my sound cards working in distinct machines:
9
10 Sound Blaster Live! (driver: EMU10K1)
11 Intel Corporation HD Audio Controller (driver: HDA Intel)
12
13 I realized recently that this problem occured about a year ago when I updated my system with:
14 emerge --update world
15
16 Please give me any indications of how to solve this problem.
17 Below are some details about my configuration:
18
19 kernel 2.6.24.3 (OSS not included)
20 mplayer-1.0_rc2_p25993
21 mpg123-1.2.0