From: Marko Weber | 8000 <weber@×××××××.de>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] LVM not accessible after reboot
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 11:07:06
1 hello list,
2 Using grub2
3 i have gentoo box where i did a raid5 on 4 disks.
4 On the raid i created a lvm partition and created some logical volumes.
5 All is going fine.
6 But when rebooting the machine "sometimes" the lvm is not available and
7 the logic volumes did not get mounted.
8 I have to reboot the machine several times since the partitions are
9 mounted after reboot.
12 In /etc/default/grub i set:
13
14 GRUB_PRELOAD_MODULES="lvm xfs mdraid09 mdraid1x"
17 so it should work after reboot.
18 Any ideas why i have to reboot the machine sometimes multiple to access
19 my logical volumes again?
20
21 my ideas is that LVM2 is not ready at the time of mounting partitions.
22 how can i do this?
23
24 thanks
27 marko