From: alain.didierjean@××××.fr
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Index the doc
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 05:55:59
1 fter being a user (for at least a year each) of Redhat, Suse, Debian I finally
2 went to Gentoo and intend to stick to it.
3
4 What I like most:
5 - I had to reinstall only once, when I changed my computer. That's great !
6 Experience has taught me that, should a new version be issued, the safer and
7 least time consuming way to keep up with other linux is to reinstall. Not on
8 Gentoo!
9
10 - the other great feature is the abundant, detailed and practical documentation.
11 You're never left on your own.
12
13 Which is where a problem lies: the doc being so big, most of the time, the best
14 way to find what you're looking for is to ask for a pointer on this list. It
15 sure works, but I think it's about time to launch a documentation indexing
16 project, to make a search entry available on the main doc page of gentoo.org.
17 What do you think folks?
18
19 --
20 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list