From: Hazen Valliant-Saunders <hazenvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ATI 9.6 on Gentoo 2.6.30
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 21:30:39
1 G'day folks;
2
3 FYI - previous issues:
4 Technical Caveat #1
5 fglrx only supports 16 / 24 bit colour depth, therefore within the Xorg
6 Config I had to add DefaultDepth 24 the "Screen0" section & subsections.
7
8 Technical Caveat#2
9 xf86-drivers/mouse and xf86-drivers/kyd needed to be recompiled with the
10 emerge of ati-drivers (in fact I had to re-emerge Xorg, Xfce and all XF86
11 drivers, there's a note about this in the xorg emerge however as a general
12 rule we should consider adding them as a dependancy to prevent this from
13 confusing people.)
14
15 There's a lot of chatter online about mice and keyboard's not working after
16 an Xorg upgrade, this is why.
17
18 And as always thanks again everyone; hopefully it won't freeze and I won't
19 be bleeding too much.
20
21 How long and what's required before we may consider this "Stable"?
22
23 Regards,
24 --
25 Hazen Valliant-Saunders