From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 3.8.0 CONFIG_USER_NS
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 22:59:04
1 On 26 February 2013, at 22:24, shawn wilson wrote:
2
3 > I'm trying to follow the doc to setup LXC
4 > (http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LXC) and am unable to find this option. I
5 > manually insert it ane make menuconfig again and it gets removed.
6
7 I assume you're talking about CONFIG_USER_NS, as per subject.
8
9 Have you tried using the search feature within `make menuconfig`?
10
11 Run `make menuconfig` so that you get the blue and grey text menu:
12
13 General setup --->
14 [ ] Enable loadable module support --->
15 -*- Enable the block layer --->
16
17 … then hit the forward-slash key ("/") and type "user_ns".
18
19 If your kernel supports this option then it'll show where to find it, and any dependencies.
20
21 Right now I'm connected to a system running 3.0.3, so I can't speak for your kernel version. But here this shows:
22
23 Symbol: USER_NS [=y]
24 Type : boolean
25 Prompt: User namespace (EXPERIMENTAL)
26 Defined at init/Kconfig:790
27 Depends on: NAMESPACES [=y] && EXPERIMENTAL [=y]
28 Location:
29 -> General setup
30 -> Namespaces support (NAMESPACES [=y])
31
32 HTH,
33
34 Stroller.