From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: @preserved-rebuild
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:13:36
1 On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:53:11 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > for i in $(find /lib* /usr/lib*) ; do qfile -o $i ; done
4 >
5 > It worked like a charm, except there is a huge list?
6 > It overfilled my scroll back, so below is a tiny snippet.
7 > I'm weary of removing so many files?
8 > rm these files?
9 >
10 > revdep-rebuild comes back clean. Check with another tool?
11
12 revdep-rebuild checks for binaries built against non-existent
13 libraries, you are looking for surlpus libraries,so it won't help. You're
14 already using the correct tool, qfile.
15
16 > I already synced and updated, do again?
17 > ????
18 >
19 > <snip>
20 > /usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/_xmlplus/dom/html/HTMLElement.pyo
21 > <snip>
22 > /usr/lib64/libblas.a
23 > /usr/lib64/libruby.so
24
25 Ignore the .pyo and.pyc files, they are created by ebuilds after
26 installation, so don't show up in the packages' contents. The .so files
27 certainly look guilty, but move them somewhere rather than deleting,
28 then run revdep-rebuild.
32 Neil Bothwick
33
34 Error reading FAT record: Try the SKINNY one? (Y/N)