From: Javier Krausbeck <gentoo@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Real time video streaming (was: Help playing simultaneously splitted videos (sort of))
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 14:16:34
1 On Monday 14 May 2007, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2
3 > simultaneously splitted videos (sort of))':
4
5 > > >> mkfifo f1
6 > > >> mkfifo f2
7 > > >> mkfifo f3
8 > > >> mplayer whatever_options_you_want_and_make_it_write_to_stdout | tee
9 > > >> f1
10
11 > > >> | tee f2 >f3
12
13 > > > Just one caveat, mplayer does not do output to stdout,
14
15 > > So use another fifo.
16
17 > To elaborate:
18
19 > mkfifo queue
20 > mkfifo vo1
21 > mkfifo vo2
22 > mkfifo vo3
23 > mplayer lots_of_options_and_write_output_to queue &
24 > tee vo1 < queue | tee vo2 > vo3 &
25
26 > or similar.
27
28 I'm sorry to say that it just doesn't work.
29 There's no way of getting two reads from the initial fifo mplayer creates.
30
31 I'm trying to find the kernel patch that makes FIFOs readable in parallel by
32 several processes. But, damn it, I can't find it right now.
36 Javier Krausbeck <javier@×××××××××.org>
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list