From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with depclean
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 07:55:55
1 On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 04:03:53 -0400,
2 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 > [1 <text/plain; US-ASCII (quoted-printable)>]
5 > On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 03:21:52 -0400, John Covici wrote:
6 >
7 > > Thanks, I do need the current sources, lots of packages want to check
8 > > them and the linux directory entry points to the sources, packages are
9 > > always looking in there when I emerge them.
10 >
11 > Put this in /etc/portage/sets.conf
12 >
13 > [kernels]
14 > class = portage.sets.dbapi.OwnerSet
15 > world-candidate = False
16 > files = /usr/src
17 >
18 > Then "emerge -n @kernels"
19 >
20 > Now depclean won't try to remove any kernels, or any other package that
21 > installs files to /usr/src.
22 Well, this didn't seem to work, when I tried to emerge -n @kernels it
23 said nothing to emerge, after the calculating, etc. and it certainly
24 did not work. Also, depclean did some other strange things -- on
25 another system I have it wanted to unmerge dev-util/glib-utils-2.58.3
26 which is my installed version, but doing an eix on that package, there
27 seems to be an update. However, doing a world update says 0
28 packages, so what am I missing?
31 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
32 How do
33 you spend it?
34
35 John Covici wb2una