From: Kent Borg <kentborg@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] USB Thumbdrive Question
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 15:23:01
1 I am having trouble with two different USB thumbdrives. One is an old
2 Kanguru Microdrive and the other is a new Ultra MP3 player. Both have
3 internal memory, but both also have an SD slot, and that is where the
4 problem is.
5
6 The internal memory is recognized, I see it mentioned in
7 /var/log/messages, and I can mount it. A card in the SD slot,
8 however, is not recogized, there is no mention in /var/log/messages..
9
10 When I plug either unit into an old Redhat 9 machine I see both
11 devices on both units, and can mount both the internal memory and the
12 SD cards.
13
14 I did some Googling and tried putting "options scsi_mod max_luns=5" in
15 /etc/modules.conf (yes, I put it in the right /etc/modules.d/i386 file
16 and made sure it appeared in modules.conf). This didn't work (at
17 minimum) because the drivers were not compiled as modules. So I tried
18 recompiling my kernel with some likely drivers compiled as
19 modules--but now the internel memory is no longer recognized on either
20 unit.
21
22 What is the right Gentoo way to do it?
25 Thanks,
26
27 -kb
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list