From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Odd portage behaviour with binary packages
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:55:25
1 On Tuesday 17 October 2006 11:44, Stephane Pointu wrote:
2 > Hi all, I have a question about portage behaviour:
3 >
4 > I have a package built in a certain version in /usr/portage/package but
5 > this version is not in portage tree (no ebuild for it). If I do a
6 > "emerge -kuav world" it takes this package but if I do a "emerge -uav
7 > world" it does not. Is this a normal behaviour? Shouldn't portage first
8 > check if there is an ebuild for it before installing the package?
9
10 The binary tbz2 package does contain the ebuild and any other information
11 necessary for installing the binary package. qtbz2 from
12 app-portage/portage-utils can be used to extract the metadata from a tbz2
13 file..
16 Bo Andresen