From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python 2 deprecation
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 23:45:31
1 On 1/26/20 3:58 AM, Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday, 26 January 2020 08:36:15 GMT Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 >> On Sunday, 26 January 2020 05:35:04 GMT Dale wrote:
4 >>> james wrote:
5 >>>> just a test via another mail-route. curious if it works
6 >>>
7 >>> FYI, it came through but the threading was broken. It appeared here as
8 >>> a new thread.
9 >>
10 >> Not so here. KMail threaded it right.
11 >
12 > +1 on Kmail
13
14 Hmmmmm.
15
16 Well I've contact several ISPs about a /29 set of static IPs (routed) as
17 part of an upgrade. We'll see how that pans out. Sure, I hate SendMail,
18 but it's an old system that can be configured, with fine-grain
19 semantics, and we have much history together.
22 KMail is an interesting alternative, should I decide against static IPs.
23 I need those statics to showcase
24 some embedded devices I'm been working; so why not fix these VERIZON
25 ahole mail issues, once and for all.
26
27 ls /usr/portage/mail-mta yeilds 12 packages.
28 (suggestions/discussions on running a mail server are all welcome.
29
30 I'm tire of waisting all this time, only to discover that other folks
31 running mail services, are basically a bunch of ahole, anti-linux
32 bigots. So why not just run my own mail server? Besides, I've got to go
33 back to work, and mail_administration is always a good thing for a
34 resume, ymmv.
39 > Regarding the original post, do not forget the incantations:
40 > eselect python list
41 > eselect python update
42 > eselect python cleanup
43 > to update your python symlinks and cleanup any stragglers.
44
45 It switched me from python-3.6 to python-3.7 as the default; I'll see
46 how that goes....
47 They all ran nice and clean, except for this package::
48 that fails to build regardless of what I do/try.
49
50 dev-perl/Authen-SASL
53 I've tried deleting and other fixes, but it fails to compile, seems to
54 be necessary ::
55
56 # equery depends dev-perl/Authen-SASL
57 * These packages depend on dev-perl/Authen-SASL:
58 dev-vcs/git-2.24.0
59
60 dev-perl/Authen-SASL)
61 and many more depend on git.....
64 Any pointers on cleaning up this part of the perl upgrades?
65 NOTE:: (Installed versions: 5.30.1(0/5.30)(01:16:57 AM 01/26/2020)
66
67 Googling yielded little useful(gentoo) info.
70 Anyone else experiencing this dev-perl/Authen-SASL blocker ?
71 I blocked <perl-5.30.1 in package.mask ...
72
73 ???
74
75 James