From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Calculating world dependencies" taking forever first time
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:45:26
1 On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:10:08 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > You upgraded portage. The einfos said to run 'emerge --metadata'
4 > > first thing.
5 >
6 > Thanks, I'll try to remeber that next time I emerge portage. Could it
7 > be made part of the portage ebuild?
8
9 No, because it is not necessary every time. It happened because you went
10 from 2.0 to 2.1 and the metadata/cache format changed. Now you have 2.1
11 installed, you can set it to mail you the einfo messages, so you won't
12 miss it next time.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 I've got a mind like a... a... what's that thing called?