From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konsole issue
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 20:47:28
1 Colleen Beamer wrote:
2 > On 01/01/12 14:58, Michael Mol wrote:
3 >> On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Colleen Beamer<colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> On 01/01/12 14:41, Michael Mol wrote:
5 >>>> On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Colleen Beamer<colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
6 >>>> wrote:
7 >>>>> Hi,
8 >>>>>
9 >>>>> I seem to have lost the command prompt in konsole and can't figure out
10 >>>>> how to get it back. I did google this, but didn't see anything
11 >>>>> relevant. Any ideas?
12 >>>>>
13 >>>>> Thanks and Happy New Year.
14 >>>>>
15 >>>>> Colleen
16 >>>> echo $PS1
17 >>>>
18 >>>> If it's empty, you'll want to fix it in $HOME/.bashrc.
19 >>>>
20 >>>> If you're not seeing *anything* when you type, I'd suggest checking
21 >>>> your configured color scheme.
22 >>>>
23 >>> First, I exited out of kde by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F1. Doing echo $PS1, I got
24 >>> output.
25 >>>
26 >>> However, just to make sure you understand, in konsole, I get no command
27 >>> prompt and can't type anything.
28 >> First guess would be checking your terminal profile settings for color scheme.
29 >>
30 > I checked all the color schemes. However, I doubt that it is that.
31 > Konsole was working - I was trying to get a previously created database
32 > recognized in mysql and while I was going through the documentation,
33 > konsole was working. Now, all I get is a black square where my command
34 > prompt should be.
35 >
36 > Regards,
37 >
38 > Colleen
42 It sounds like you have the text color and background color set to the
43 same thing. Basically, it's invisible. I would go to Settings at the
44 top then Configure Current Profile. You should be able to change things
45 under the Appearance tab.
46
47 Hope that helps.
48
49 Dale
50
54 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
55
56 Miss the compile output? Hint:
57 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"