I know there is a bug here, but I followed this from the bug comments:
1. emerge -NuDav --fetchonly world
2. emerge -C ss com_err e2fsprogs
3. emerge -NuDav --nodeps e2fsprogs-libs e2fsprogs
4. echo "sys-libs/com_err" >>/etc/portage/package.mask
5. echo "sys-libs/ss" >>/etc/portage/package.mask
6. echo "sys-libs/com_err-1.40.11" >>/etc/portage/profile/package.provided
7. echo "sys-libs/ss-1.40.11" >>/etc/portage/profile/package.provided
This worked from a few people, so I felt safe doing it.
On step 3, e2fsprogs-libs emerged fine, but at the end of the emerge of
e2fsprogs, the emerge bombed and I got a message saying that e2progs was
not merged due to file collisions.
I have no idea what to do now. I googled, but didn't see anything
relevant. Any help would be appreciated.
Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org