From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer(2) ???
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 21:08:25
1 On 20 September 2011, at 16:11, James wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I have not kept up with the mplayer developments.
4 >
5 > Now I see: media-video/mplayer2
6 > and media-video/mplayer
7 > Available versions: 1.0_rc4_p20101114
10 > Any quick education on mplayer 2 would be appreciated.
11
12 I believe this would be better described as Uoti Urpala's mplayer.
13
14 http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2010-May/064672.html
15
16 The misunderstanding seems largely that to me - a misunderstanding between the Uoti and the other mplayer devs - rather than any kind of deliberate aggravation. I suspect that Uoti's version may well actually be better, but it's not "official" mplayer.
17
18 Stroller.