From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fast CLI package-Changelog viewer
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:31:03
1 ======= On Monday 31 March 2008, you wrote: =======
2 > On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:17:41 +0400, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
3 > > I'm not interested in (probable) installation at all, rather in
4 > > Changelog' contents only.
5 >
6 > Your original question was rather light on such details, and also
7 > omitted to mention why more/less/most are inadequate for your needs.
8
9 Neil,
10
11 My first message was:
12
13 Subject: fast CLI package-Changelog viewer
14 Body: Is there such one?
15
16 I agree, my English is ugly. I'll try to explain. Saying "viewer" I mean
17 something like this:
18
19 logviewer kdelibs
20
21 will "produce" the same output as, say,
22
23 less /usr/portage/kde-base/kdelibs/ChangeLog
24
25 You see, it is impossible to remember all packages' dirs. Of course, I
26 can use 'q' or 'eix' to find a dir and then type in a long 'less ...'
27 command. But, well, why do all these 'eix' and 'q' exist? I think to
28 save some users' time. Is my intention more clear now? :-)
32 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list