From: Frank Tarczynski <frank.tarczynski@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo RPi boot to ram or read-only FS?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 12:12:50
1 I'm building a video conference appliance using a Raspberry Pi 4 for my
2 parents.
3
4 I'm using a RPi 4 that boots from a SD card and an USB webcam/microphone.
5
6 Gentoo is the only OS I can find that supports the USB webcam in both
7 Firefox and Chromium with no issues.
8
9 Getting my parents to understand that they need to shutdown the RPi before
10 hitting the power button is a challenge. And I've not been successful at
11 finding a case for the RPi 4 with a soft power switch and a fan.
12
13 Does anyone have pointers for booting Gentoo in to ram? Or a mode with a
14 read-only FS? Like the overlay mode in Raspbian?
15
16 Thanks.
17 Frank