From: Sascha Lucas <sascha.lucas@×××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] issue on binary merge
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 21:01:31
1 > If you do --pretend --verbose, does it show the changed USE flags for
2 > the packages? Not sure if 'world' does this, but you could try the
3 > individual packages that you expect to be rebuilt. IIRC, it appears in
4 > green (on a colour screen...) with a + and * next to the USE flag.
5
6 emerge -uD --pretend --verbose --usepkg --newuse world does not show the
7 change in USE-Flags. However it installes some software cased by the new
8 USE-Flag (in my example samba). I run "equery hasuse my_new_flag" and the
9 merged this pkgs with:
10
11 emerge -1 --usepkg --pretend --verbose pkg_spec_from_equery
12
13 then the change in USE-Flags are showen and my _correct_ binarys are used.
14
15 > Not a solution, but hopefully it'll add insight.
16
17 it seems we are actually 2 who worked at the same time with binarys :-)
18
19 Sascha.
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list