From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] encrypted email (gentoo-windows)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:11:14
1 Am 25.03.2011 19:51, schrieb James:
2
3 > It's been a while since I set up a mail server, but,
4 > if that (postfix) is what I need to do, then just tell
5 > how (overview) the packages you'd use, or is this part of postfix?
6
7 Mail encryption is, as far as I know, something that works on the
8 client-side only. The mail server doesn't see the encryption, encrypted
9 mails contain only text, just like every other mail.
10
11 The only encryption that comes in mind on the server side is transport
12 encryption, aka SSL or TLS. But for that you don't need enigmail or gpg.
13
14 If may answer has nothing to do with your problem, please give me more
15 information what you have in mind.
16
17 Greetings
18