From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where oh where has my vol_id gone
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 16:06:12
1 On 24 Jan 2010, at 03:53, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2
3 > I used to have a vol_id command to discover the UUIDs of my
4 > partitions. I just connected some new SATA drives and I cannot
5 > find that utility. Did I just imagine it, or has something else
6 > happened?
7
8 Sorry if this is a dumb response, but have you partitioned &/or
9 formatted them?
10
11 Here I would use `ls -lG /dev/disk/by-uuid/` to find UUIDs. A drive
12 that was hot-swapped in, partitioned & formatted since the system was
13 booted is showing.
14
15 Please excuse me if I'm misunderstanding your question.
16
17 Stroller.