From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] swaps mounted randomly
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 09:10:41
1 On Wednesday, 4 March 2020 08:09:45 GMT n952162 wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have 3 swap devices and files. At boot, it seems indeterminate which
5 > ones get "mounted" (as swap areas).
6 >
7 > Does anyone have an idea why they're not all mounted?
8 >
9 > Here are the swap lines from my fstab:
10 >
11 > #LABEL=swap none swap sw 0 0
12 >
13 > /dev/disk/by-id/ata-TOSHIBA_DT01ACA300_xxxxxxxx-part1 none swap
14 > sw,pri=10 0 0
15 >
16 > /swap none swap sw,pri=5 0 0
17 >
18 > /lcl/WDC_WD20EFRX-68EUZN0_WD-yyyyyyyyyy/1/swap none swap
19 > sw,pri=1 0 0
22 The second entry is missing the device you intend to mount.
23
24 When you list the first and third devices do you see anything wrong with them?
25
26 When you try to enable them manually with 'swapon -v' what do you get?
27
28 PS. If any of these swap block devices are actually files within a fs make
29 sure you first fill them up with dd, because files with holes in them could
30 fail to be enabled. Also some fs (btrfs?) are not good candidates for having
31 swap files on them, if they move data around with cow.