From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ZFS
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 04:06:41
1 >>>> Performance doesn't seem to be one of ZFS's strong points. Is it
2 >>>> considered suitable for a high-performance server?
3 >>>
4 >>> ZFS is one of the fastest FS I am aware of (if not the fastest).
5 >>> You need a sufficient amount of RAM to make the ARC useful.
6 >>
7 >> How much RAM is that?
8 >
9 > 1G of RAM per 1TB of data is the recommendation.
10 >
11 > For de-duped data, it is considerably more, something on the order of 6G
12 > of RAM per 1TB of data.
13
14 Well, my entire server uses only about 50GB so I guess I'm OK with the
15 host's minimum of 16GB RAM.
16
17 - Grant