From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [NOTE] New default behavior in latest nfs-utils (1.3.2-r1)
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 22:41:56
1 On 02/01/2015 01:18 PM, walt wrote:
2 > I was happy with nfs3 until it stopped working for reasons I still don't
3 > understand :(
4
5 Well, nfs3 still works, but only after failing on the first attempt:
6
7 #mount.nfs a6://usr/portage /usr/portage -o nfsvers=3 hangs indefinitely
8 until I hit Ctrl-C. If I then repeat the same command immediately the
9 mount succeeds. This is the mysterious nfs black magic I've run into many
10 times over the years and makes me dread nfs updates.
11
12 I'm going to remove nfs4* support completely from the kernel and nfs-utils
13 now just as a voodoo trial (on a vbox guest, that is :)