From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: logrotate won't rotate portage logs
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:24:13
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 00:34:24 +0000
4 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > > I do not understand why the log files within /var/log/portage/ will
7 > > not rotate on my PC, while they rotate fine on my laptop. The
8 > > /etc/logrotate.conf is the same on both boxen:
9 > [...]
10 > Anyone? Anything I could look into?
11
12 Hm, "logrotate -d"? How's logrotate being called? E.g. if it's cron,
13 what cron daemon are you using? E.g. fcron and dcron don't support a
14 system wide crontab in /etc/crontab, so things in /etc/cron.* won't
15 ever be called.
16
17 -hwh
18 --