From: "Crístian Viana" <cristiandeives@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] comments on portage.keywords
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 19:55:35
1 hi,
2
3 I have a Gentoo amd64 and I noticed portage doesn't ignore comments totally
4 on the file /etc/portage/package.keywords (don't know about the other
5 portage config files). if I have the following line on portage.keywords:
6
7 www-client/mozilla-firefox
8
9 portage unmasks the Firefox ebuild for my architecture. but if I have:
10
11 www-client/mozilla-firefox # hello world
12
13 portage doesn't unmask this ebuild. if I want to put a comment at the end of
14 a line in this file [and I want that line to work], I have to explicitly add
15 the architecture flag:
16
17 www-client/mozilla-firefox ~amd64 # hello world
18
19 I don't think this behavior is consistent, comments shouldn't matter. is
20 that a desirable feature or a bug?
21
22 see ya,
25 Crístian Deives dos Santos Viana [aka CD1]
26 Sent from Campinas, SP, Brazil